DUNNVILLE HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY
PROGRAM NIGHT: JANUARY 19TH 2023
6:30pm. Doors Open. Purchase your Ways and Means tickets. Enjoy a coffee or tea. Memberships Can be Purchased.
7:00pm. Welcome by Petra Kruis-Daly , DHS Vice-President. Treasurer’s Report is Posted on the back wall. Questions can be directed to our Treasurer Ellen Guenther.
7:10pm. Business at Hand
- Thank you to Marlene Link for her continued articles in the Sachem, and also to Susan and Brad Emery for their Get Growing column in the Haldimand Press
- Reminder we are participating in Lug A Mug – Please bring your own reusable mug.
- DHS is partnering with the Haldimand Hort Society in 2023 to do a joint Seedy Saturday event. This will take place at the arena in Cayuga. The confirmed date is April 29th 2023. Save the date!
- Ways and Means Table: Get your tickets before the Program begins tonight, or at the break – This is a great time to regift some of those Christmas Gifts.
- Plants for our upcoming Planting Days have been ordered. Thank you Deb Z and Konkles Greenhouses.
- Thank you to everyone who brought the finger foods for break today, Much Appreciated.
- Lions Home and Garden Show is a go…dates April 13,14,15 of 2023. Volunteers needed to organize, set up and man our booth. DHS will carry the cost of the booth
- Possible upcoming project. Crochet Poppies – who is interested, who knows how, do we want to do this for Centennial park ?
- Idea being thrown around: Are members interested in returning to paid workshops and/or garden tours? Bus Tours? Show of Hands/Thoughts?
- Suggestion Box will once again be available by the registration desk.
- Upcoming: Bring A Friend Month. How it Works! Bring a friend to the April Meeting, get a ballot for a draw, they sign up as a member and you get a second ballot.
- Dates to Remember:
- February 16th, next Program Night – TBA
- April 13-15 – Lions Home and Garden Show – Booth Theme is Flower Power
- April 20th – Bring a friend month.
- April 29th 2023 – Seedy Saturday Cayuga Arena
7:45pm. Break for Refreshments
8:00pm. Presentation by Jenn Miller (Corresponding Secretary) and Ellen Guenther (Treasurer)
Who are your Favorite Youtube Gardeners?
8:45pm. Wrap Up and Closing Remarks
- Ways and Means draws (Betty Ballenger and Gwen VanNatter)
- Meeting Adjourns
Thanks to all our Board Members and volunteers who made tonight’s evening possible! Together we all work together to make our Society a success!