DUNNVILLE HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY
THURSDAY FEBRUARY 17, 2011 , 7 p.m.
GRACE UNITED CHURCH, DUNNVILLE
- Advised update newsletter has been handed out
- Dunnville Horticultural Society will be hosting the District #9 Fall Convention in 2012. The last we hosted the event was in 2004.
- Kim – Treasurer was in Mexico having a great time
- January Treasurer’s report was read
- A plaque was presented to Karen Waltham, honouring Karen for her many, many hours of dedication
- Thanks to the ‘Ways & Means’ and mentioned if anyone has anything to donate, please do
- Break for refreshments
- Introduced the speaker Wes Zantingh form “Country Side” landscaping
Wes spoke about landscape design and how to take care of your lawn to ensure a full and weed-free lawn that will bring you joy all summer. He mentioned that landscaping and design is a 14.5 billion dollar business in Canada alone. Country Side has been in operation since 2004. Family owned. Wes showed slides of some properties that Country Side landscaping has completed.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 pm.